This very traditional and authentic Mexican street food dish is quick and easy to create at home. Also another fun one for the kids to enjoy. So sit back, relax, and learn everything you need to know about recreating them at home, in our How To Make Tacos blog.
How To Make Tacos
The fun part starts here! Once you have gathered your ingredients, you can start cooking and stuffing your wrap.
- In a large pan, add a little olive oil and place on a medium/high heat.
- When hot add the meat, leave to get nicely browned, giving it some good colour.
- If you haven’t marinated the meat first, lower the heat and add Gran Luchito Chipotle Fajita & Taco Mix, or our Chipotle Paste, with some chopped spring onion. Mix well and leave to cook for 10 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and squeeze half a juicy lime over, and add a big handful of roughly chopped coriander leaves then mix well.
- Warm the soft Gran Luchito Wheat Street Taco Tortilla Wraps in the microwave for 30 secs, and add slices of avocado and Gran Luchito Jalapeño & Pineapple.
How to eat them? With your hands of course! In other words you pick it up, fold it in half and get stuck right in! Nom nom nom.
Please see here for our Top 10 Taco Recipes.
Can You Freeze Tacos?
Yes! Freeze your cooked meat filling in its own little plastic bag. The prepared shredded/sticks of veg can go in another, and the tortillas in their own too. For the soft flour tortillas, it’s best to put them in a big sealed plastic bag, lying flat, with each individual wrap separated from the other! Then, when defrosting, you can either just take the whole bag out of the freezer and do them all at the same time, or just take individual ones. To defrost the meat and veg ingredients, whip it out the night before you want to use it and pop it in the fridge. It can be microwaved the next day or pan fried.
We hope you enjoyed our How To Make Tacos guide, and inspired you to try something new out at home. We would love to see what you get up to in the kitchen over the next few weeks! Don’t forget to tag us #granluchito.