This healthy taco recipe is perfect to make on any day of the week. With a bit of help from our Gran Luchito Smoky Chipotle Fajita and Taco Mix you can make a quick marinade for your chicken, followed by some Gran Luchito Soft Tacos Wraps to serve it in.The guacamole and pico de gallo are just the perfect easy, fresh and tasty additions to finish up these chicken tacos nicely.
Tacos don’t have to be greasy or take hours to prepare. They can also be fresh and healthy tacos, like the ones in Mexico which people have as everyday meals. Sometimes quick chicken tacos, with homemade guacamole and pico de gallo is all you need.
We also recommend trying our Gran Luchito Tomatillo Salsa or Gran Luchito Chipotle Salsa with this chicken taco recipe.
So give these easy grilled chicken tacos a try and let us know what you think!
Tip: If it’s a warm summer’s day and you have some time, why not get that chicken grilling on a barbecue!
Nutrition: Per servingkcal 146 fat 8.7g saturates 1.6g carbs 7.6g sugars 1.4g fibre 1.3g protein 8.7g salt 0.15g
How to make it
- Add the Smoky Chipotle Fajita and Taco Mix onto your chicken breasts with the lime juice, 1 tablespoon of olive oil, a pinch of salt and freshly ground black pepper. Cover with cling film and let it marinate for 20 mins at least.
- In the meantime prepare a quick guacamole. Add the avocado flesh into a bowl and mash it with a fork. Add the onion, jalapeno, extra virgin olive oil, a pinch of salt and black pepper, then mix and set aside.
- In a different bowl prepare a quick pico de gallo. Mix the tomatoes, onion, extra virgin olive oil, lime juice, coriander, salt and pepper.
- Get the barbecue going or heat up a cast-iron skillet with the remaining olive oil. Grill or pan-fry your marinated chicken and let it get a bit of colour on both sides. Finish cooking it covered with a lid, to allow it to cook fully without getting dry.
- Once ready, remove from the heat and cut the chicken into strips with a sharp knife. Serve your chicken with warm Soft Taco Wraps, a good amount of guacamole and some of the pico de gallo. Finally don’t forget to try some Gran Luchito Salsas!
What To Serve With Chicken Tacos
If you want extras, serve these chicken tacos with sides of:
Sign Up To Receive Our Free Guide To TacosYour free Taco guide will be emailed to you immediately.
Similar Recipes You Might Like to Try
Crispy Chicken Tacos
What are some popular toppings for chicken tacos?
Popular chicken taco toppings include lettuce, tomatoes, cheese, salsa, guacamole, sour cream, and hot sauce. Additional garnishes include black beans, corn, jalapenos, onions and cilantro.
What are chicken tacos?
Chicken tacos are a popular Mexican dish consisting of seasoned, cooked chicken wrapped in a tortilla and typically topped with lettuce, tomatoes, queso, and salsa.
How are chicken tacos typically seasoned?
Depending on personal preference and the region of Mexico from which the taco recipe originates, chicken tacos can be seasoned in a variety of ways. Chilli powder, cumin, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, and salt are typical seasonings.
Comments / Questions / Tips
Subscribe now for a free copy of the Gran Luchito e-cookbook filled with delicious, authentic Mexican recipes and join our mailing list for all the latest recipes, news and blog updates.