This Mexican Roast Chicken recipe is a great take on a classic dish, and it’s all the tastier for it.
We mixed our Gran Luchito Chipotle Paste with butter and spread it all over the whole chicken. We then roasted it on a bed of lovely vegetables and finished it with chunks of fresh lime and coriander leaves. Simply awesome!
It’s so tasty you probably won’t have any left, but if you do you can check out these Mexican Chicken recipes.
1 hr, 20 mins
1 hr, 45 mins
Nutrition: Per servingkcal 147 fat 9.3g saturates 3.3g carbs 6.5g sugars 1.2g fibre 1.1g protein 9.4g salt 0.21g
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 200°C / 390°F / Gas 6. In a small bowl mix the butter with the and reserve.
- In a large ovenproof dish place the potatoes, onions, garlic and peppers; add olive oil, dried oregano and a generous sprinkle of salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Prepare your chicken and use your fingers to carefully open up the gap between the breasts and the skin and make 2 little pockets. Rub half of the chipotle butter into the pockets, then brush the remaining butter all over the chicken. Season well with salt and pepper.
- Place the chicken over the vegetables and roast in the oven for 1 hour 20 minutes by which point it should be golden brown (this will vary depending on the size of the chicken). Once cooked, transfer to a platter, cover in foil and leave to rest for 10 minutes before carving.
- Make sure the vegetables are cooked through by testing a large piece of potato. Return to the oven if they aren’t ready.
- When the vegetables are tender, scatter the limes amongst them, then sprinkle with plenty of coriander. Put the chicken on top of the vegetables and serve.
Baste the chicken as it cooks with the butter and occasionally mix up the vegetables surrounding it to ensure even cooking.
Download Our Free Guide To Mexican Classics
Your free guide will be emailed to you immediately. Serve your Mexican roast chicken with any of our side dishes. But we especially love it with:
What To Serve With Mexican Roast Chicken
Serve your Mexican roast chicken with any of our side dishes. But we especially love it with:
Subscribe now for a free copy of the Gran Luchito e-cookbook filled with delicious, authentic Mexican recipes and join our mailing list for all the latest recipes, news and blog updates.