When it comes to the best brunch recipes one of the first things that comes to mind is steak and eggs! There is something so satisfying about a nice grilled steak and fried egg on the side if you’re a meat eater.
But how to make steak and eggs even better? Take it up a notch and make it Mexican style with breakfast tacos! For these breakfast tacos with carne asada, we first make a quick marinade for our steak with our epic Gran Luchito Smoky Chipotle Fajita & Taco Mix, and then add lime juice, olive oil and a bit of lemon thyme. The steak is then cooked in a very hot pan over high heat, finished up with a bit of butter to add that perfect finishing touch. Next up we fry the eggs in olive oil until crispy, and warm the Soft Taco Wraps.
Serve the sliced carne asada over the warmed Gran Luchito Soft Taco Wraps, top with a fried egg and some dollops of Gran Luchito Chipotle Salsa. Finish off with a little squeeze of lime and a pinch of salt and you’ll be in Mexican Heaven! Perfect for late mornings as well as dinner, tacos are good at any time of day!
Nutrition: Per servingkcal 164 fat 8.9g saturates 2.7g carbs 9.8g sugars 1.0g fibre 0.0g protein 11.2g salt 0.67g
How to make it
- Place your steaks on a chopping board and season with the Smoky Chipotle Fajita & Taco Mix. Add the lime juice, 1 tablespoon of olive oil, a few sprigs of lemon thyme and a pinch of salt and black pepper. Rub the steak into all the mixture and set aside.
- Heat up a frying pan with the remaining olive oil, sear your steaks and cook them to your liking. We recommend 3 minutes on each side for medium term. Towards the end add the butter into the pan and baste your meat with the juices.
- Remove the steaks from the pan and wrap them in tin foil, let them rest for 6-7 minutes before cutting.
- In the meantime fry your eggs with olive oil and a pinch of salt, and set aside.
- Warm up your over a hot pan and slice your steak into strips. Serve your warm Soft Tacos with the steak strips, a fried egg and smoky . Enjoy!
Download Our Free Guide To Mexican BreakfastYour free guide will be emailed to you immediately.
What To Serve With Breakfast Tacos With Carne Asada
Serve these breakfast tacos with a side of some delicious molletes, for an epic brekkie fit for a king!
Similar Recipes You Might Like to Try
Comments / Questions / Tips
Subscribe now for a free copy of the Gran Luchito e-cookbook filled with delicious, authentic Mexican recipes and join our mailing list for all the latest recipes, news and blog updates.