It seems that many countries have their own take on lamb koftas, so why not Mexico?
For these spicy lamb koftas, we mixed in a healthy spoonful of our Gran Luchito chipotle paste, crunchy pine nuts and fresh coriander.
We’ve served it with naan breads and a yogurt dip to make it a little fusion dish, but there’s no reason why you couldn’t wrap it in tortillas and serve with guacamole to keep it more Mexican!
1 hour 30 mins
1 hour 40 mins
Nutrition: Per servingkcal 159 fat 8.9g saturates 3.3g carbs 10g sugars 2.1g fibre 0.8g protein 9.2g salt 0.5g
How to make it
- Use a food processor to reduce the onion to a paste.
- Toast the pine nuts in a dry frying pan, tossing the pan for a few seconds and being careful not to burn them. Chop roughly.
- Put the onion and pine nuts in a mixing bowl and add the lamb mince, Gran Luchito chipotle chilli paste, mint, coriander and a good pinch of salt and pepper. Using your hands, mix well until everything is combined.
- Shape into long sausages and push onto soaked wooden skewers. Leave in the fridge for an hour.
- Brush each kofta in a little olive oil and place on a hot barbecue or grill. Start them off quite hot or 5 minutes or so to give them some colour, then move to a cooler spot on the barbecue to finish cooking through. Cut one open to check if it’s cooked to your liking.
- Wrap in foil and leave to rest for 5 minutes before serving.
FOR THE REST
- Mix the yogurt with the mint and cucumber to make the dip.
- Serve with warm flatbreads and wedges of lemon to squeeze over the kebabs.
Similar Recipes You Might Like to Try
Comments / Questions / Tips
Subscribe now for a free copy of the Gran Luchito e-cookbook filled with delicious, authentic Mexican recipes and join our mailing list for all the latest recipes, news and blog updates.