If you love recipes with baked beans, or just beans on toast you simply need to give our delicious Mexican Baked Beans recipe a go. Its as much comforting as it is delicious and guaranteed to bring delight! In addition to the beans, we’ve gently cooked garlic, onion, bacon & our version of a Gran Luchito Chipotle Paste. It give this classic dish a lovely subtle spice and oodles of flavour. For a veggie/vegan version you can simply leave out the bacon.
Nutrition: Per servingkcal 228 fat 2.8g saturates 0.8g carbs 26.7g sugars 2.7g fibre 12.7g protein 12.1g salt 0.43g
How to make it
- Fry onion, garlic and Gran Luchito Chipotle Paste in a glug of olive oil over a low/medium heat until onion is nicely softened.
- Add bacon/pancetta and cook for about 10 minutes.
- Add borlotti beans and oregano.
- Stir in tomato purée and a splash of water. Cook for 5 mins.
- Add a knob of butter.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Toast some nice crusty bread.
- Serve on toast with parsley, parmesan and a drizzle of olive oil.
Download Our Free Guide To Mexican BreakfastYour free guide will be emailed to you immediately.
Similar Recipes You Might Like to Try
Comments / Questions / Tips
Subscribe now for a free copy of the Gran Luchito e-cookbook filled with delicious, authentic Mexican recipes and join our mailing list for all the latest recipes, news and blog updates.