1 hour 30 mins
Nutrition: Per servingkcal 215 fat 14g saturates 4.9g carbs 6.1g sugars 2.1g fibre 0.8g protein 16.6g salt 1.3g
How to make it
- Pre-heat oven to 180C / 350F.
- Add a little olive oil to a pan over a medium heat and add diced red onion and thyme leaves. Stir and cook for 10 mins.
- Once onion is completely softened, remove from heat and leave aside.
- In a bowl, combine the buttermilk, Gran Luchito Chipotle Paste, eggs, salt & pepper. Mix well.
- Combine the buttermilk mixture with the pork mince, chorizo, breadcrumbs and cooked onion. Mix well.
- Line a loaf tin with streaky bacon (see images). Place the meatloaf mixture into the tin and push down so it makes a flat surface. Fold over the bacon ends.
- Roast in the oven for about 1 hour (keep your eye on it so it doesn’t burn).
- Remove from oven, leave to cool slightly then turn out on to serving plate.
- Brush with Gran Luchito Chipotle Honey and serve alongside your choice of sides.
Similar Recipes You Might Like to Try
Comments / Questions / Tips
Subscribe now for a free copy of the Gran Luchito e-cookbook filled with delicious, authentic Mexican recipes and join our mailing list for all the latest recipes, news and blog updates.