Slow roast some aubergine halves with olive oil, salt & pepper and serve with a spiced-up Gran Luchito Chipotle Paste smoky sour cream or creme fraiche for an easy midweek meal! We served it with some lovely ciabatta bread, but it’d work just as well with rice or couscous!
Nutrition: Per servingkcal 123 fat 8.7g saturates 2.8g carbs 9.1g sugars 2.5g fibre 1.4g protein 1.2g salt 0.36g
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 150°C / 300°F / Gas 2.
- Cut criss-cross pattern into flesh of each aubergine half down to the skin. Brush each half with olive oil, then repeat once the oil is absorbed. Sprinkle with a good pinch of salt and pepper.
- Roast for 45 minutes. The flesh should be completely soft and easily come away from the skin when scraped.
- Meanwhile, mix the sour cream with the Gran Luchito Chipotle Chilli Paste (if you want more spice, add a little more) and season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon the cream over cooked aubergines. Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil, sprinkle with lime zest, roughly chopped coriander, salt and pepper.
- Serve with rice, couscous or toasted ciabatta.
You could use crème fraîche or Greek yogurt in place of sour cream.
Similar Recipes You Might Like to Try
Comments / Questions / Tips
Subscribe now for a free copy of the Gran Luchito e-cookbook filled with delicious, authentic Mexican recipes and join our mailing list for all the latest recipes, news and blog updates.