Pork loin, also known as pork fillet, is a great cut to work with. Its long, sausage-like shape lends itself perfectly to roasting whole and slicing into succulent discs of meat. We wrapped this pork loin in pancetta to protect it from direct heat, with a layer of delicious marinade between the meats to keep it moist.
The pork loin is great with our crisply oven-roast chips
2 hours 22 mins
2 hours 45 mins
Nutrition: Per servingkcal 261 fat 19g saturates 6.4g carbs 1.1g sugars 0.9g fibre 0.1g protein 21.1g salt 2.6g
How to make it
- In a pestle and mortar, smash together the leaves of about 4 rosemary sprigs, the peeled garlic cloves and about 1 teaspoon of coarse salt until you have a paste.
- Transfer to a mixing bowl with the oil, 1 tsp of honey and 1/2 tsp of Chipotle Paste mix, mustard, lime juice and pepper. Stir well.
- Place the pork tenderloin in a large bowl and pour the marinade over the top. Rub it all over the meat and leave for at least a few hours.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C / 400°F / Gas 6.
- Line up the pancetta strips, slightly overlapping one another, on a piece of baking paper or cling film.
- Place the pork at the bottom of the pancetta and spoon the remaining marinade over the pancetta. Carefully roll up the pancetta (it doesn’t need to be perfect), aiming to leave the seam underneath the pork so the top is protected from direct heat.
- Drizzle over a little olive oil, add a few sprigs of rosemary and a sprinkle of salt and pepper.
- Roast for 30 minutes, or until the pancetta is golden, being careful not to burn it. Cover in foil and leave to rest for 10 minutes before slicing.
- Serve with roast potatoes or our crisp oven chips
What to serve with Pork Loin Wrapped in Pancetta
Download Our Free Guide To TacosYour free Taco guide will be emailed to you immediately.
Similar Recipes You Might Like to Try
What is Pork Loin Wrapped in Pancetta?
It is a popular pork loin roast dish where a pork loin is covered with pancetta (an Italian bacon). The pork loin is then roasted to perfection.
Is it necessary to marinate the Pork Loin before wrapping it in Pancetta?
It's not necessary, but it can enhance the flavour. Some people like to marinate the pork loin overnight in a mixture of herbs, garlic, and oil to infuse more flavour.
What side dishes pair well with Pork Loin Wrapped in Pancetta?
Some good choices include roasted vegetables, rice, mashed potatoes, risottos, or a simple green salad.
What is the internal temperature that a Pork Loin Wrapped in Pancetta should reach to know it’s fully cooked?
The internal temperature should reach at least 145°F (63°C), as measured with a meat thermometer. After cooking, let it rest for at least 3 minutes before serving.
Comments / Questions / Tips
Subscribe now for a free copy of the Gran Luchito e-cookbook filled with delicious, authentic Mexican recipes and join our mailing list for all the latest recipes, news and blog updates.