In case you didn’t already know, our Gran Luchito Chipotle Honey works incredibly well with bacon. The sweet and spicy flavour contrasting against the salty bacon is a real treat.
One way to bring these two ingredients together is this great breakfast/brunch recipe that takes the idea of a soft-boiled egg and soldiers to a whole new level.
Nutrition: Per servingkcal 173 fat 13g saturates 4.3g carbs 4g sugars 3.5g fibre 0.6g protein 10.4g salt 1.9g
How to make it
- Pre-heat your oven to 175C / 350F (or use a BBQ)
- Lay the bacon rashers out on a baking tray. In a cup, mix the Gran Luchito Chipotle Honey with a splash of warm water. Brush this onto the bacon rashers.
- Wrap each asparagus spear up in a bacon rasher. Brush a little of the honey mix onto each one once wrapped.
- Pop these in the oven keeping a close eye on them so they don’t burn.
- Meanwhile, soft-boil a couple of eggs by adding them to a saucepan of boiling water. Immediately start a timer and remove after 5 minutes. Place in an egg cup and slice off the top.
- Remove the asparagus and serve together. Sprinkle the egg with a little salt & pepper.
Similar Recipes You Might Like to Try
Comments / Questions / Tips
Subscribe now for a free copy of the Gran Luchito e-cookbook filled with delicious, authentic Mexican recipes and join our mailing list for all the latest recipes, news and blog updates.