Squeeze water from grated onion
Combine lamb mince, Gran Luchito Smoked Chilli Paste, grated onion, chopped toasted pine nuts, mint, coriander, salt & pepper.
Form sausage shapes on wooden skewers
Mix yoghurt with grated cucumber and fresh mint
Griddle and serve with warm naans and mint & cucumber yoghurt dip
How to make it
- Soak wooden skewers in water (this will prevent them from burning).
- Grate the onion (or use a food processor to save the tears). Press through a sieve to discard most of the water it holds.
- Toast whole pine nuts in a dry frying pan (be careful not to burn). Chop roughly.
- Add onion and pine nuts to a mixing bowl along with lamb mince, Gran Luchito Chipotle Paste, chopped mint, chopped coriander and a good pinch of salt & pepper.
- Using your hands preferably, mix well until everything is combined.
- Shape into long sausages and push onto soaked wooden skewers.
- Leave in the fridge for an hour or so.
- Meanwhile, mix the yoghurt with the chopped mint and grated cucumber.
- Warm naan breads or flatbreads in oven.
- Heat a griddle pan (or light the bbq) until very hot. Cover each kofta in a little olive oil and add to the griddle pan.
- Cook until golden and slightly charred all around.
- Serve with yoghurt dip, flatbreads and lemon wedges.
Tried this recipe? Got suggestions? Let us know...