Crunchy Beef Tacos
When we first received our Hard Shell Tacos we knew first on our list would be to try them out in a Crunchy Beef Taco recipe. If you find beef short ribs on a restaurant menu, they are practically impossible to resist ordering. So tender, succulent and delicious the meat practically falls off the bone! And we knew crunchy tacos would be the perfect pairing.
In our recipe we cook the short ribs slow and low in stock and our secret ingredient – Gran Luchito Chipotle Paste which gives the beef short ribs a delicious and smoky depth of flavour. If you haven’t tried cooking with beef short ribs we highly recommend it! They truly are the perfect cut for cooking slow and low.
If you try these Beef Short Rib Crunchy Tacos, we would love to hear what you think. Comments are open at the bottom of the recipe for you to leave your review.
4 hours, 20 mins
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Heat a large, oven-proof saucepan with the olive oil .
- Meanwhile, dry the rib pieces with a paper towel and generously season with salt & pepper.
- When the oil is very hot, add the beef short rib pieces (you may want to use a guard or the lid to stop it from spitting). Brown the beef all over. Once ready, remove the beef from the pan.
- Reduce the heat to medium and add the onion, garlic, bay leaves and Gran Luchito Chipotle Paste as well as a good pinch of salt & pepper. Cook for about 6-10 minutes, stirring regularly.
- Return the beef and juices to the pan followed by the beef stock, apple cider vinegar and coriander. NB: Add more water halfway through the cooking time to avoid your meat from getting dry.
- Stir and place the pan covered with a lid or foil in the oven for 3 hours. When it’s ready the meat will be falling off the bone.
- Remove the beef and shred the meat & discard the bones. Mix the meat with the pan juices, taste and add more seasoning if necessary.
- Serve the shredded meat in the baked Hard Shell Tacos with our recipe for Mexican Coleslaw on top, and lime wedges on the side.