One of our favourite Tex-Mex recipes, these Chilli Beef Nachos has always been a firm favourite down the local pub with friends. Whilst not a typical Mexican dish, there’s no taking away that this beef nacho recipe tastes mighty fine!
Estimated reading time: 4 minutes
The key to an easy beef nachos recipe, or any nachos recipe, is to make everything from scratch in advance so it is more of an assembly job with a quick blast under the grill. This recipe is definitely best with some chilli con carne that has been made in advance, there’s something about letting the chilli con carne sit in the fridge for a day allowing the flavours to come together even more. Our Gran Luchito Chipotle Paste works wonders in the beef chilli and we went all out by making guacamole and salsa to go with it.
2 hrs 30 mins
Nutrition: Per servingkcal 134 fat 9.1g saturates 3.2g carbs 7.9g sugars 2.3g fibre 1.3g protein 5.1g salt 0.33g
How to make it
- Heat up the oil in a large casserole dish and add the fresh veg (onion, garlic, celery, carrot, peppers) and gently fry them over medium heat for 8-10 mins or until nice and soft. Then add the cumin and cinnamon as well as the Chipotle Paste and stir.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, Cantina Beans and the finely chopped coriander stalks. Reduce the heat and let it simmer while you cook your meat.
- In a different pan brown the minced beef in 1 teaspoon of rapeseed oil over high heat. Once it gets a bit of colour add to the other ingredients in the casserole dish, and season with salt and pepper. Place a lid on it and simmer on a low heat for at least one hour.
- In the meantime, prepare a quick guacamole by mixing the roughly mashed avocado, with onion, lime juice, extra virgin olive oil, coriander, salt and pepper, and set aside.
- Prepare a pico de gallo (fresh salsa) with the diced tomato, onion, lime, extra virgin olive oil, freshly chopped coriander, salt and pepper, and set aside.
- Once your chilli is cooked, assemble the nachos by layering the Lightly Salted Tortilla Chips, a good amount of chilli con carne, grated cheese, sour cream and onion. Then pop under the grill until your cheese melts.
- Garnish your nachos with a bit of pico de gallo, guacamole, freshly chopped coriander, radish and Fire Roasted Serranos.
Download Our Free Guide To Nachos
Your free Nachos guide will be emailed to you immediately. Serve it with this Pulled Pork Chimichanga recipe. Alongside some tasty warm Frijoles. Subscribe now for a free copy of the Gran Luchito e-cookbook filled with delicious, authentic Mexican recipes and join our mailing list for all the latest recipes, news and blog updates.
What To Serve With Chilli Beef Nachos
Similar Recipes You Might Like to Try
Comments / Questions / Tips
Serve it with this Pulled Pork Chimichanga recipe.
Alongside some tasty warm Frijoles.
Subscribe now for a free copy of the Gran Luchito e-cookbook filled with delicious, authentic Mexican recipes and join our mailing list for all the latest recipes, news and blog updates.