When we first received our Gran Luchito Hard Shell Tacos we knew first on our list would be to try them out in a Crunchy Beef Taco recipe. If you find beef short ribs on a restaurant menu, they are practically impossible to resist ordering. So tender, succulent and delicious the meat practically falls off the bone! And we knew crunchy tacos would be the perfect pairing.
In our recipe we cook the short ribs slow and low in stock and our secret ingredient – Gran Luchito Chipotle Paste which gives the beef short ribs a delicious and smoky depth of flavour. If you haven’t tried cooking with beef short ribs we highly recommend it! They truly are the perfect cut for cooking slow and low.
If you try these Beef Short Rib Crunchy Tacos, we would love to hear what you think. Comments are open at the bottom of the recipe for you to leave your review.
4 hrs 20 mins
Nutrition: Per servingkcal 580 fat 12g saturates 4.1g carbs 5.2g sugars 2.3g fibre 1.5g protein 5.8g salt 3.5g
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 180°C / 350°F. Heat a large, oven-proof saucepan with the olive oil.
- Meanwhile, season the beef short rib generously with salt & pepper. When the oil is very hot, sear the meat (you may want to use a guard or the lid to stop it from spitting). Brown the beef all over and then once ready, remove it from the saucepan.
- Reduce the heat to medium and add the onion, garlic, bay leaves and as well as a good pinch of salt & pepper. Cook for about 6-10 minutes, stirring regularly.
- Return the beef to the saucepan followed by the beef stock, apple cider vinegar and coriander. Stir and place the pan covered with a lid or foil in the oven for 3 hours. When it’s ready, the meat will be falling off the bone. Note – Add more water halfway through the cooking time to avoid your meat from getting dry.
- Once ready, remove the saucepan from the oven, shred the meat & discard the bones. Mix the meat with the pan juices, taste, and add more seasoning if necessary.
- Serve the shredded meat in the baked with our recipe for on top and lime wedges on the side.
Download Our Free Guide To TacosYour free Taco guide will be emailed to you immediately.
What To Serve With Crunchy Beef Tacos
Serve your crunchy beef tacos with a side dish of either of these:
Similar Recipes You Might Like to Try
Comments / Questions / Tips
Subscribe now for a free copy of the Gran Luchito e-cookbook filled with delicious, authentic Mexican recipes and join our mailing list for all the latest recipes, news and blog updates.