Easy Chilli Con Carne
For a quick midweek meal, there is nothing better than this easy chilli con carne.
Chilli Con Carne (or as its called in American English; Chili Con Carne) is the national dish of Texas.
Its name has Spanish Mexican origins. Carne is Spanish for meat and the word chilli refers to the Chilli Pepper.
If we had to choose one dish for our Chipotle Paste it would have to be a chilli con carne, it adds a smoky depth of flavour that works perfectly.
A good smoky chilli con carne is a great thing to have in your repertoire, and there are loads of ways to serve it besides simply in a bowl with tortilla chips. If you want something a little more exciting, check out our blog post on ‘Nine Wicked Ways to Eat Chilli Con Carne‘.
How to make chilli con carne? If you have a little more time on your hands you should check out our ultimate chilli con care recipe.
1 hr 10 mins
1 hr 20 mins
How to make it
- Brown mince in a hot pan with a little olive oil. Don’t be afraid to give it some real colour here as this will only make the final dish tastier.
- Reduce heat and add onion, celery, garlic, oregano and Gran Luchito Chipotle Paste. Stir well and cook for about 10 mins.
- Add chopped red pepper, tomato puree, black pepper, coriander powder, cumin, cinnamon, salt and coriander stalks. Stir well, turn the heat up to high and cook for another 5 mins. This will get the spices going.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and beef stock then stir well. Cover and cook for at least an hour with a slight gap in the lid to allow some of the liquid to evaporate.
- Add the kidney beans and stir. Cook for another 10 mins.
- Serve with dollops of creme fraiche and freshly chopped coriander.