Uses Chipotle Paste
Easy Chilli Con Carne Recipe
Chilli Con Carne is perfect for casual entertaining and works really well for batch cooking and making ahead for low street entertaining. We recommend making a double or triple batch, freezing some off and then finding creative ways to use it throughout the week. The great thing about this easy chilli con carne recipe is that it doesn’t take hours to make and is easy enough to make for a quick midweek meal, there is nothing better or more comforting than this!
Chilli Con Carne (or as its called in American English: Chili Con Carne) is the national dish of Texas. Its name has Spanish Mexican origins. Carne is Spanish for meat and the word chilli refers to the Chilli Pepper.
If we had to choose one dish for our Chipotle Paste it would have to be a chilli con carne, a dollop of paste adds a smoky depth of flavour that works perfectly and makes it taste like you’ve been simmering the chilli for ages.
A good smoky chilli con carne is a great thing to have in your repertoire, and there are loads of ways to serve it besides simply in a bowl with tortilla chips. Our blog post on ‘Nine Wicked Ways to Eat Chilli Con Carne‘ will provide you with lots of inspiration and different ways to enjoy your chilli con carne.
How to make chilli con carne epic? If you have a little more time on your hands you should check out our ultimate chilli con carne recipe.
1 hr 10 mins
1 hr 20 mins
How to make it
- Brown mince in a hot pan with a little olive oil. Don’t be afraid to give it some real colour here as this will only make the final dish tastier.
- Reduce heat and add onion, celery, garlic, oregano and Gran Luchito Chipotle Paste. Stir well and cook for about 10 mins.
- Add chopped red pepper, tomato puree, black pepper, coriander powder, cumin, cinnamon, salt and coriander stalks. Stir well, turn the heat up to high and cook for another 5 mins. This will get the spices going.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and beef stock then stir well. Cover and cook for at least an hour with a slight gap in the lid to allow some of the liquid to evaporate.
- Add the kidney beans and stir. Cook for another 10 mins.
- Serve with dollops of creme fraiche and freshly chopped coriander.