These black bean burritos are the perfect working from home lunch. They are quick to prepare and healthy, which will keep you going during the day.
We recommend you prepare our Mexican Chipotle Rice recipe ahead and just have it ready to be warmed up and served on your bean burrito recipe. Alternatively, you can just use steamed white rice.
Our Cantina Beans are delicious and Gran Luchito has done all the work for you! There is no need to soak any beans overnight or to cook them for a long time. Just pour the beans into a saucepan and warm them up over a medium heat and that’s it, they are ready to be served and enjoyed!
For this black bean burrito recipe, we used our mildest salsa, Red Pepper Salsa, as we wanted to keep these vegan burritos family-friendly. Having said that, do feel free to add our Chipotle Salsa or Roasted Serrano Chillies instead if you fancy something a bit spicier.
If you’re looking for some tips and further explanation on how to fold burritos and keep all those tasty fillings in place, check out our blog on How To Make Burritos! For side dishes to eat with this vegan black bean burrito recipe please see What To Eat With Burritos.
How to make it
- Heat up the Cantina Beans in a small saucepan over a medium heat.
- Shred the cabbage finely with the help of a mandoline, and reserve.
- Get all of your burrito toppings ready on the side and warm up one of the Burrito Wraps over a hot pan for a minute or two on both sides.
- Once your wrap is warm, place it on a chopping board and get ready for the fun part – to add the fillings!
- Add a generous amount of Cantina Beans.
- Add a spoonful of the Mexican Chipotle Rice recipe.
- Add a handful of shredded white cabbage, white onion slices and scoops of avocado.
- Add sour cream, a good amount of Red Pepper Salsa, crumbled feta cheese, a squeeze of lime juice, a pinch of salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Wrap and enjoy!