Smoky Chilli Con Carne Recipe
Chilli Con Carne (or as its called in American English; Chili Con Carne) is the national dish of Texas.
It’s name has Spanish Mexican origins. Carne is Spanish for meat and the word chile refers to the Chilli Pepper.
If we had to choose one dish for our Smoked Chilli Paste it would have to be a chilli con carne. The paste adds a smoky depth of flavour that works perfectly.
A good chilli con carne is a great thing to have in your repertoire, and there’s loads of ways to serve it besides simply in a bowl with tortilla chips. If you want something a little more exciting, check out our blog post on ‘Nine Wicked Ways to Eat Chilli Con Carne‘.
Smoky Chili Con Carne Recipe
- 1 lb Minced beef
- 1 Onion
- 3 Garlic cloves
- 1 Stick celery
- 1 Red pepper
- 2 tsp Cumin powder
- 1 tsp Coriander powder
- 1 tsp Black pepper
- 1 tsp Oregano
- 1 tsp Salt
- 3 tsp Gran Luchito Smoked Chilli Paste
- Half a tsp ground cinnamon
- 7oz (canned) kidney beans
- 1¾ lb (canned) chopped tomatoes
- 1tbsp Tomato paste
- 1 cup Beef broth
- Rice/tortillas (to serve)
- Sour cream/creme fraiche (to serve)
- Fresh cilantro (stalks as well)
- Brown mince in a hot pan with a little olive oil. Don't be afraid to give it some real colour here as this will only make the final dish tastier.
- Reduce heat and add onion, celery, garlic, oregano and Gran Luchito Smoked Chilli Paste. Stir well and cook for about 10 mins.
- Add chopped red pepper, tomato puree, black pepper, coriander powder, cumin, cinnamon, salt and cilantro stalks. Stir well, turn the heat up to high and cook for another 5 mins. This will get the spices going.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and beef stock then stir well. Cover and cook for at least an hour with a slight gap in the lid to allow some of the liquid to evaporate.
- Add the kidney beans and stir. Cook for another 10 mins.
- Serve with dollops of creme fraiche and freshly chopped cilantro.
In the UNITED STATES Gran Luchito Smoked Chilli Paste Is Available online with Amazon
Have you tired this Smoky Chilli Con Carne Recipe? If so please do let us know how you got on.