Uses Chipotle Mayo
Vegan Chilli Con Carne
This vegan chilli con carne is perfect for a healthy, meat-free meal. If you’re a meat-eater, the roasted butternut squash and smoky flavour from the chipotle paste means that you won’t miss the taste of meat whatsoever in this vegan dish, we promise.
For some other amazing Vegan recipes make sure you also try our vegan pulled pork, our chipotle vegan pie or our vegan tacos. Try serving this vegan chilli chicken carne with a side of our chipotle refried beans.
1hr 10 mins
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F, Gas 4).
- Put the squash in a roasting pan with the olive oil, onion, garlic, peppers, thyme, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Roast for about 25 minutes until cooked through and the squash begins to blacken on its edges, checking frequently as oven temperatures vary. Remove the thyme stalks and squeeze out the garlic flesh and discard the skins.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, mix the tomatoes, chickpeas, kidney beans, vegetable stock and chipotle paste, chopped coriander stalks and cook for 30 minutes with a good pinch of salt and pepper.
- Now is a good time to prepare the rice and guacamole.
- Combine the roasted vegetables with the tomato sauce and mix well. Keep warm until ready to serve.
- Just before serving, stir through coriander leaves and serve with rice and guacamole. Enjoy easy vegan chilli con carne recipe.
Have you tried these recipes?
Uses Chipotle Paste