These vegan pies, inspired by food blog The First Mess, are simply delicious. A spicy filling of wild mushrooms, leeks, Gran Luchito smoked chipotle and red wine topped with crispy slices of sweet potato make these the ultimate meat-free pies that you’ll be making over and over again.
Nutrition: Per servingkcal 53 fat 2.4g saturates 0.4g carbs 5.3g sugars 1.7g fibre 1.6g protein 1.4g salt 0.54g
How to make it
- Pre-heat oven to 180C / 350F
- Heat olive oil in a large pan over a medium heat. Add roughly diced shallots and leeks along with most of the thyme (hold some back for garnish)
- Once softened (after about 10 mins), add the garlic and Gran Luchito Chipotle Paste mix and cook for 5 mins.
- Add roughly chopped mushrooms and a healthy pinch of salt & black pepper. Cook for 10mins.
- Add the flour and stir in. Cook for a couple of minutes before adding the stock and red wine. Bring to a boil and then simmer for about 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Add the olives, soy sauce and roughly chopped parsley.
- Mix well and portion out into ramekins (alternatively, you could do one big pie).
- Wash sweet potatoes and slice thinly (use a mandolin, but watch those fingers!).
- Lay them on the filling and top with a little olive oil, salt, pepper and the remaining thyme (see images).
- Bake in the oven for about 30 mins, or until the sweet potato slices have turned golden and crispy.
Similar Recipes You Might Like to Try
Comments / Questions / Tips
Subscribe now for a free copy of the Gran Luchito e-cookbook filled with delicious, authentic Mexican recipes and join our mailing list for all the latest recipes, news and blog updates.