Here’s a wonderful recipe for deep-fried chicken wings with a deliciously sticky, spicy, smoky sauce.
In the Luchito test kitchen, we didn’t stop eating these until they were all gone – they are seriously addictive.
Nutrition: Per servingkcal 226 fat 14g saturates 2.9g carbs 10.8g sugars 3.7g fibre 0.7g protein 15.2g salt 0.74g
How to make it
- Mash the ginger and garlic to a paste in a pestle and mortar.
- Put the paste in a saucepan with the sesame oil, soy sauce, Gran Luchito chipotle chilli paste, Gran Luchito chipotle chilli honey, vinegar and brown sugar. Cook over a medium heat for a few minutes until it becomes thick and sticky.
- Put the flour, corn flour and 3 tablespoons of the sesame seeds in a bowl.
- Dry the wings with paper towel and toss in the flour mix.
- Heat the oil in a deep-fryer or large, heavy-based pan to 160°C / 325°F, or when a piece of bread sizzles when dropped in.
- In batches of 5 or 6, carefully lower the wings into the oil, moving them gently using a slotted spoon. Cook for about 6–7 minutes or until the wings start to turn brown.
- Remove and allow to drain on a rack over kitchen paper.
- Increase the temperature of your fryer to 180°C / 350°F.
- Again, working in batches, lower the wings into the oil for a second cook for a further 4–5 minutes. You will see them get crispier and turn a nice golden shade.
- Drain on kitchen paper, then add to the warm sauce.
- Toast remaining sesame seeds in a dry pan for a few minutes, then sprinkle over the wings with the coriander.
Similar Recipes You Might Like to Try
Comments / Questions / Tips
Subscribe now for a free copy of the Gran Luchito e-cookbook filled with delicious, authentic Mexican recipes and join our mailing list for all the latest recipes, news and blog updates.