This vegan chilli con carne is perfect for a healthy, meat-free meal. If you’re a meat-eater, the roasted butternut squash and smoky flavour from the Gran Luchito Chipotle Paste means that you won’t miss the taste of meat whatsoever in this vegan dish, we promise.
For some other amazing Vegan recipes make sure you also try our vegan pulled pork, our chipotle vegan pie or our vegan tacos. Try serving this vegan chilli chicken carne with a side of our Gran Luchito Chipotle Refried Beans.
1hr, 10 mins
Nutrition: Per servingkcal 79 fat 2.4g saturates 0.4g carbs 10.9g sugars 3g fibre 2.7g protein 2.9g salt 0.33g
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 180°C / 350°F / Gas 4.
- Place the squash in a roasting pan with the onion, garlic, peppers, thyme and oregano. Drizzle with the olive oil on top and season with salt and pepper. Bake in the oven for 25 minutes until cooked through and the squash begins to blacken on its edges.
- Once ready, remove the tray from the oven, then discard the thyme stalks and squeeze out the garlic flesh (discarding skins). Mash the garlic with your knife into a paste and mix with the rest of the roasted veggies.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan mix the tomatoes, chickpeas, kidney beans, vegetable stock, and coriander stalks. Cover with a lid and simmer for 30 minutes over low heat, then season with salt and pepper.
- Now is a good time to prepare the rice and guacamole.
- After 30 minutes, add the roasted vegetables with the sauce and stir. Keep warm until ready to serve.
- Just before serving, stir through the coriander leaves and serve with a side of white rice. Top with a bit of guacamole and .
For more vegan recipe inspiration, check out all of our Mexican Vegan Recipes.
What To Serve With Vegan Chilli
Serve it with a portion of this homemade guacamole recipe.
Alongside some Mexican Rice.
Download Our Free Guide To Chilli Con Carne
Your free guide will be emailed to you immediately. Subscribe now for a free copy of the Gran Luchito e-cookbook filled with delicious, authentic Mexican recipes and join our mailing list for all the latest recipes, news and blog updates.
Similar Recipes You Might Like to Try
Comments / Questions / Tips
Subscribe now for a free copy of the Gran Luchito e-cookbook filled with delicious, authentic Mexican recipes and join our mailing list for all the latest recipes, news and blog updates.