The beginning of the year can always feel a bit daunting. If you are looking for a healthy reset without having to deprive yourself of everything that is tasty in life, trying to eat a bit lighter but still have meals that feel satisfying and actually fill you up, then this is it, look no further.
It’s no wonder that taco salad bowls have become so popular. You get to combine your favourite things into one bowl. It’s all about mixing textures and fresh flavours, and here at Gran Luchito we have the perfect recipe for you.
It’s always good to remember to have the following elements when building your own taco salad at home, because you can basically adapt this recipe to what you have in your fridge.
Protein – you can swap the protein for one that is more to your preference!
Carbs – always add carbs (because they fill you up, give you energy, and let’s face it we love them). Potatoes, rice, pasta or noodles work wonders.
A fresh element – crunchy lettuce, salad leaves, avocado, thinly sliced raw veggies and fresh salsa like pico de gallo to bring it all together.
Adding Gran Luchito Cantina Beans and fresh cheese like feta or greek yoghurt can help to add nutritional value as well as flavour.
Finally don’t forget to add a bit of crunch, weather is Gran Luchito Lightly Salted Tortilla Chips, toasted pumpkin seeds, or roasted nuts sprinkled on top!
Nutrition: Per servingkcal 99 fat 6.5g saturates 1.5g carbs 6.3g sugars 2g fibre 1.1g protein 4g salt 0.9g
How to make it
- Heat up the oil in a pan and fry the onion until translucent. Add the meat and break into smaller bits with the help of a wooden spoon, add the Chipotle Paste, a pinch of salt and freshly ground black pepper. Stir and cook until your meat gets a bit of colour.
- In the meantime prepare your pico de gallo.
- Warm up your Cantina Beans over a small saucepan and set aside.
- Get your taco bowls ready to serve at the same time, first layer the bottom with fresh gem lettuce leaves.
- Next top with some rice, add the chipotle beef, beans, avocado slices, and pico de gallo on top, and serve everything in equal portions.
- Finally, add a few Lightly Salted Tortilla Chips on the side or crumble on top. Add a squeeze of lemon or lime on top, a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil, pinch of flaky salt and enjoy!
What To Serve With Taco Salad
Serve your taco salad with side dishes of:
Similar Recipes You Might Like to Try
Courgette Salad with Ricotta & Pine Nuts
Comments / Questions / Tips
Subscribe now for a free copy of the Gran Luchito e-cookbook filled with delicious, authentic Mexican recipes and join our mailing list for all the latest recipes, news and blog updates.