This delicious and healthy breakfast chilli recipe is a fantastic way to use up leftover chilli con carne and start your day with a massive flavour boost. Either that or cook the chilli the day before so that everything can be put together quickly in the morning.
Get yourself some of our Gran Luchito Chipotle Paste (one of the most essential store cupboard ingredients), some Gran Luchito Soft Taco Wraps, some spicy Gran Luchito Serrano Chillies, our authentic Mexican smoky black Gran Luchito Cantina Beans, eggs, guacamole and tomatoes and enjoy a breakfast or brunch that’ll set you up for the rest of day. Not to mention, how much this chilli recipe is going to impress your family.
When you make this easy chilli con carne recipe the most important element of the meal is to nail your fried egg to perfection!
For further leftover chilli inspiration, check out our blog on Leftover Chilli Con Carne Recipes. For lots of other general Mexican breakfast inspiration, take a look at our Mexican Breakfast Recipes.
1 hr, 30 mins
1 hr, 55 mins
Nutrition: Per servingkcal 124 fat 7.2g saturates 2.1g carbs 9.1g sugars 1.9g fibre 1.0g protein 5.9g salt 0.38g
How to make it
- If you are using leftover chilli, simply reheat it. If you are cooking from scratch heat up the oil in a large casserole dish and add the fresh veg (onion, garlic, celery, carrot, peppers) and gently fry them over medium heat for 8-10 mins or until nice and soft. Then add the cumin and cinnamon as well as the Chipotle Paste and stir.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, and the finely chopped coriander stalks. Reduce the heat and let it simmer while you cook your meat.
- In a different pan brown the minced beef in 1 teaspoon of olive oil over high heat. Once it gets a bit of colour add the meat to the other ingredients in the casserole dish, and season with salt and pepper. Place a lid on it and simmer on a low heat for at least one hour.
- When the chilli con carne is cooked, remove from the heat.
- In a pan add a drizzle of oil and fry the eggs according to your preference. We love sunny side ups! Once ready, remove your eggs from the pan and place them on a plate covered with a bowl, to keep them warm.
- In the same pan add a bit more oil and the cherry tomatoes and quickly saute them with a pinch of salt and freshly ground black pepper. Once ready, remove them from the pan and set aside.
- Finally, in the same pan warm up your Soft Taco Wraps, get ready to serve your breakfast, and place the warm soft tacos in the plates (one per plate).
- Spoon a good amount of chilli on top of each tortilla, place an egg on top, and crumble a bit of feta. Follow this with the tomato, avocado slices, a couple of Fire Roasted Serranos, finely chopped red onion and coriander.
Download Our Free Guide To Mexican BreakfastYour free guide will be emailed to you immediately.
What To Serve With Breakfast Chilli
Similar Recipes You Might Like to Try
Comments / Questions / Tips
Subscribe now for a free copy of the Gran Luchito e-cookbook filled with delicious, authentic Mexican recipes and join our mailing list for all the latest recipes, news and blog updates.