Inspired by all of the amazing breakfast options in Mexico City we decided to create an epic Breakfast Burrito, the kind of breakfast that makes it worthwhile getting up in the morning.
This burrito has all of our favourite breakfast ingredients rolled up in a soft, warm tortilla all together to create something bigger and better than the sum of its parts. Just get yourself a cup of freshly brewed coffee, put your favourite music on and enjoy this lovely burrito with your family.
This recipe serves 2 but it’s perfect for a family brunch as well, so feel free to duplicate and make everyone happy.
How to make it
- Heat a little olive oil in a frying pan over a gentle heat. Add the chorizo and the spring onions, and cook for a few minutes until the chorizo is nicely crisp, then set aside.
- Prepare the homemade guacamole and set aside.
- Crack the eggs in a bowl, add the creme fraiche, add a pinch of salt, and whisk it all together.
- Heat up a non-stick saucepan and add the butter. Once the butter is melted, pour in the beaten eggs. Heat gently, stirring continuously until the eggs are scrambled to your liking. Season with salt and black pepper.
- Meanwhile, warm the Gran Luchito Burrito Wraps over a hot pan.
- To assemble the burritos, spread each tortilla with the guacamole, followed by the scrambled egg, then top with the fried chorizo. Then add a good amount of Gran Luchito Chipotle Salsa, and if you like, some freshly chopped spring onions. Roll it up and serve.
Download Our Free Guide To Mexican Breakfast
Your free guide will be emailed to you immediately.