Feeling in need of a bit of a treat? Our Chicken and Chorizo Risotto is a great dish to put a smile on everyone’s faces.
Being huge fans of paella, we thought our Gran Luchito Chipotle Paste would be an amazing addition and decided to go for big, bold flavours when we developed this recipe. Chorizo and chicken are a match made in flavour heaven and the smoky flavour of Chipotle Paste takes this dish to another level. This chicken & chorizo risotto recipe would also work really well with leftover roast chicken.
1 hr, 10 mins
Nutrition: Per servingkcal 165 fat 7.8g saturates 3.4g carbs 14.6g sugars 1g fibre 0.7g protein 8.4g salt 1.1g
How to make it
- Heat the olive oil and butter in a large pan over low/medium heat. Add the celery and onion, and sweat for 6 to 7 minutes. Add the and season with salt and pepper, then stir. Add the chicken, chorizo and garlic, then fry for about 15 minutes.
- Add the risotto rice and continue to cook for another 10 minutes. Stir to avoid it from sticking to the bottom of the pan. Then pour in the wine, and stir until it’s absorbed by the rice.
- Add a ladle of stock at a time, making sure to stir continuously, and as the liquid is absorbed, add more stock. Keep stirring throughout, and gradually add the remaining stock until it’s all absorbed.
- Test the rice, and remove from the heat once it’s al dente. You’re looking for a consistency that’s not too wet.
- Finally, add the frozen peas and let them cook in the steaming risotto. Add the parmesan, taste it, and adjust the seasoning if necessary.
- To serve, garnish with finely chopped parsley, another sprinkling of parmesan, and a drizzle of olive oil. Serve with lemon wedges on the side.
What To Serve With Chicken & Chorizo Risotto
Serve this chicken and chorizo risotto recipe with: