Uses Chipotle Paste
Enchiladas are a great dish for entertaining a crowd especially because you can make ahead and then all you have to do is pop them in the oven. Our Vegetarian Enchiladas recipe is great for non meat-eating guests but with Refried Beans, loads of veggies and big flavours it will keep everyone happy.
Although if you are having some committed carnivores around, then our Slow-Cooked Chicken Enchiladas is also a great make-ahead dish to include.
Serve with a nice green salad and some Vegetarian Quesadillas to nibble on when guests arrive, and you’ve got a menu that’s sure to please a crowd!
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 190 degrees Celsius, 170 for fan assisted.
- Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan or wok over a medium/high heat. Add the prepared vegetables and lime juice and stir fry until tender.
- Whilst the vegetables are cooking, add all the enchilada sauce ingredients to a saucepan. Stir to combine and bring to a gentle boil then reduce to a simmer, cooking for 5 or so minutes to thicken and reduce the sauce.
- Add half of the cooked sauce to the vegetables and stir to combine. Reserve the remaining sauce to one side.
- Add the Refried Beans to a pan, cooking as per the packet guidelines.
- Divide the Refried Beans evenly between the Street Taco wraps, spreading a thick layer over each.
- Divide the cooked vegetables between the centre of the Street Taco wraps, then roll tightly around the filling. Arrange the filled wraps seam side down in a small oven proof dish, so they are closely packed together.
- Pour over the remaining enchilada sauce and scatter over the remaining cheese.
- Transfer to the oven to bake for 20-25 minutes until piping hot through and the cheese is golden.
- Scatter over the Serrano Green Chillies to serve.
Have you tried these recipes?
Uses Chipotle Mayo