Tortilla Wrap Hack Luchito Style
With so many of us working from home and without the local sandwich shop by the office, we find we are in need of quick lunches that bring a bit of excitement to the day. Enter the Tortilla Wrap Hack!
Now whether you’ve seen this popular tortilla wrap trend on Tik Tok or not, it doesn’t matter! It’s a fun twist on how to make a delicious wrap. Alternatively you can use the same ingredients to make a tasty burrito.
In this tortilla wrap recipe we’re sharing our take on this hack with a simple and tasty recipe made with one of the best and most popular fillings that Mexican food has to offer – potatoes and chorizo!
But also by using Gran Luchito Refried Beans you’ll be saving a lot of time and effort on cooking beans from scratch. Once you try them you’ll see why our beans are so special!
The rest is easy, just add grated cheese and something fresh like guacamole or salad leaves. We also recommend adding any of our salsas to the mix! Having said that, our Gran Luchito Tomatillo Salsa and smoky Gran Luchito Chipotle Salsa pair especially well with this tortilla wrap recipe.
For even more ideas on how to spice up lunch check out our Mexican Lunch Ideas and Burrito Recipes. For side dishes that pair well with tortilla wraps why not try our Mexican Corn recipe, Mexican Salad or some perfect Guacamole.
How to make it
- Begin by preparing your chorizo and potatoes. This can be prepared ahead either in the morning or on the evening before, and then kept in the fridge.
- Wash and peel your potatoes, and cut into small dice. Heat up the olive oil in a frying pan and add the chorizo meat, break it with a wooden spoon into the pan and then add the Gran Luchito Chipotle Paste and potatoes. Fry for 6-7 minutes, and season with a pinch of salt and black pepper.
- Cover your potatoes with a lid and let them cook through over a low heat, 10 minutes approximately. Then remove the pan from the heat and set them aside.
- Prepare a quick slaw by adding the sliced cabbage, red onion, and fresh jalapeno into a bowl. Add the lime juice, extra virgin olive oil and freshly chopped coriander. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper, and reserve.
- Now get one of our Gran Luchito Burrito Wraps and cut one side as seen in the pictures. Add a generous spoonful of potatoes with chorizo in one quarter, then spread the Gran Luchito Refried Beans onto the next one. The slaw goes on another one and grated cheese on the last one. Fold into a triangle and warm up over a hot pan.
- Repeat the same process with the rest of the fillings and wraps.
- Serve with your chosen Gran Luchito Salsa.