Pulled Pork Quesadilla
Quesadillas don’t get much better than this! Tender pulled pork makes for a truly delicious quesadilla filling and if you already have some leftover pulled pork then you really must try this pulled pork quesadilla recipe. What makes this quesadilla so tempting is that we’ve added a dollop of Chipotle Paste to the pulled pork for some smoky perfection.
For this quesadilla recipe, our Burrito Wraps have been filled with our recipe for slow cooker pulled pork, caramelised red onion, toasted corn kernels and oodles of melted stringy cheese and then served with the fresh flavours of our homemade guacamole.
We recommend serving this quesadilla with our Chipotle Salsa or Tomatillo Salsa on the side for dipping. If you’re not a meat eater then you can try and make these pulled pork quesadillas with our vegan pulled pork recipe.
How to make it
- Heat up the olive oil over a frying pan and add the red onion, then cook slowly over medium heat.
- Add the brown sugar and corn kernels, then season with salt and pepper. Stir and cook for another 10 minutes until the onions have begun to caramelize.
- Add the pulled pork and cook for another 5-6 minutes. Once ready, remove from the pan from the heat and finish with fresh coriander scattered on top.
- Place one of the Burrito Wraps over your kitchen counter or on a chopping board and add the grated cheese on top. Add a layer of pulled pork and finish with a bit more cheese. Place another burrito wrap on top and brush with a bit of olive oil.
- Heat up a large frying pan and place your quesadilla in it. Once the bottom gets golden and crispy and the cheese begins to melt, flip your quesadilla and finish cooking the other side.
- Once ready, remove your quesadilla from the pan and place it over a chopping board. Cut it into quarters and serve warm with a good amount of our homemade guacamole recipe, and enjoy!
What To Serve With Quesadillas
If you are wondering what to serve with this pulled pork quesadilla recipe, here are a couple of ideas:
More About Quesadillas
Our How To Make Quesadillas blog will help you to master everything you need to know about making homemade Quesadillas. And our Quesadilla Recipes is our collection of tried and tested Quesadilla recipes with more flavours, protein and veggie options.
Similar Recipes You Might Like to Try
What to serve with pulled pork quesadillas?
Mexican Corn, Mexican Coleslaw, Pico de Gallo, Mexican Black Beans, Mexican Salad, Guacamole and Chips or some Mexican Chipotle Rice.
Can you reheat pulled pork?
Yes you can, just make sure that you heat it to a high temperature. You can do this in the microwave, on the stove, or in the oven. It doesn't matter how you reheat it, just so long as it's heated properly. It should have an internal temperature of 165°F before consumption.
What veg goes with pulled pork quesadillas?
Corn goes very well with pulled pork, as does a fresh pico de gallo salsa. A serving of black beans would also compliment the dish very well.