We love a good chopped salad at Gran Luchito and we really believe that they never have to be boring. This Mexican Salad recipe is proof of that and it can be served either as a main meal or as a side salad, with any protein you might be already cooking for your family. It’s perfect for those days when you feel like something a bit lighter, but still tasty.
Our Chipotle Paste has many uses, but it’s also a great ingredient to make salad dressings, so we often just pop in a spoonful of this to make a quick and spicy dressing. It infuses any homemade dressing with that wonderful smoky heat.
This light and fresh chopped Mexican salad is colourful, satisfying and a tiny bit spicy (but just the right amount!). We also like to add our black Cantina Beans, crumbled creamy feta on top and our Lightly Salted Tortilla Chips, which bring an extra bit of crunch and texture.
Why don’t you try it and let us know what you think! Comments are open at the bottom of the recipe.
How to make it
- Begin by preparing the dressing. In a small bowl add the tahini and Chipotle Paste, honey, garlic, lemon juice, extra virgin olive oil, a pinch of salt and freshly ground black pepper. Whisk until you get a wonderfully smooth dressing, and then set aside.
- With the help of a mandoline shave the carrots and radishes thinly. Then finely chop the spring onions and set them aside.
- In a big bowl or large platter arrange your salad leaves nicely, then top with the crunchy colourful vegetables (carrots and radishes).
- Add the Cantina Beans scattered on top, scoop in the avocado flesh, add the crumbled feta cheese and finally the Lightly Salted Tortilla Chips.
- Finish the salad by pouring the lovely tahini-chipotle dressing on top, finish it with a sprinkle of flaky salt and freshly ground black pepper, and enjoy!