Steak has always been a bit of a favourite at a lot of people’s homes. Coming back from a long day’s work and stopping off at the local butcher to pick up a sirloin is a real treat. During the summer a lot of people tend to cook steaks outside on a BBQ, and we find this gives them the best flavour. But this simple Mexican steak recipe will work just as well on a kitchen grill.
Our Gran Luchito Chipotle Paste is a great little condiment to just be put on the side of a cooked steak. Its sweetness and smokiness really compliments the flavour of the meat. You could also make some of our Chipotle Butter recipe to go on the side with your steak. However, if you have time we highly recommend you try this Mexican steak recipe. You need to plan at least an hour ahead to let the meat take in all the flavour from the Gran Luchito Chipotle Paste.
In the pictures below we served the steak with a green salad, along with our recipe for Pico de Gallo and Gran Luchito Soft Taco Wraps, but we also recommend trying it with our Crispy Homemade Chips recipe.
1 hr, 5 mins
1 hr, 11 mins
Nutrition: Per servingkcal 108 fat 5.1g saturates 1.2g carbs 6.1g sugars 1.5g fibre 0.6g protein 9.7g salt 0.58g
How to make it
- Rub the Chipotle Paste onto the steak with your hands and let it rest for an hour before cooking to take in all the lovely flavour.
- Heat a pan with olive oil until it’s smoking hot. Once ready, lay the steak onto the hot pan and add a sprinkle of flaky salt and black pepper. Cook it to your liking; we recommend cooking it for 3 to 4 minutes on each side for medium (depending on the thickness of your steak).
- When you flip your steak, add in the butter and let it melt. Then with the help of a spoon, baste your steak with the melted butter and pan juices to finish cooking your steak nicely.
- Remove your steak from the pan, wrap it in tin foil and let it rest for 6 minutes before cutting.
- Serve your steak with fresh green salad leaves, pico de gallo, warm Soft Taco Wraps and lime wedges on the side. Enjoy!
What To Serve With Mexican Steak
Serve your Mexican steak with some Crispy Homemade Chips and our Mexican Salad recipe for an epic, and very satisfying dinner!
Download Our Free Guide To Mexican Classics
Your free guide will be emailed to you immediately. Subscribe now for a free copy of the Gran Luchito e-cookbook filled with delicious, authentic Mexican recipes and join our mailing list for all the latest recipes, news and blog updates.
Similar Recipes You Might Like to Try
Comments / Questions / Tips
Subscribe now for a free copy of the Gran Luchito e-cookbook filled with delicious, authentic Mexican recipes and join our mailing list for all the latest recipes, news and blog updates.