Uses Chipotle Mayo
Mexican Baked Eggs
We first discovered this Mexican Baked Eggs recipe on a recent trip to San Miguel. El Correo restaurant is just off the main square and right next door to a lovely bakery. They open early and serve a whole host of yummy Mexican breakfast dishes served with freshly baked pastries from the bakery.
This baked eggs recipe is super quick and easy to make. Just make sure you have some sourdough toast to dip into the runny egg yolks and tomatillo sauce. If you are having a weekend brunch, simply use a larger dish and more ingredients to serve more people. A larger dish might require a little more baking time.
How to make it
- Preheat an oven to 180c
- Empty the jar of Tomatillo Salsa into a baking dish
- Use a spoon to create a divot in the sauce and crack an egg into it.
- Repeat for each egg and make sure the egg is surrounded by sauce.
- Top with grated cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20-25 mins until the cheese is melted and golden
- Serve with sourdough toast
- Instead of the tomatillo salsa, you could make this baked eggs recipe with our Enchilada Cooking Sauce.
- At the bottom of the baking dish, before you put the salsa in, you can put small bits of toast.