Easy Crispy Chicken Tacos
Our new Easy Crispy Chicken Taco recipe is a classic one for hard shell tacos. Its a very easy one to make and doesn’t take long.
For this, we have pan fried the chicken first, with spring onions, before popping it in the oven to finish off. The mixture is then chopped up and mixed up with fresh coriander and seasoning.
Our NEW Hard Shell Tacos are then spread with Refried Beans and filled with the chicken mixture, topped off with a sprinkling of grated mozzarella. This is then put in the oven until the cheese has melted, leaving you with oozing yet crunchy tacos! It doesn’t get better.
Looking for side dishes for tacos? Check out our blog on What To Serve With Tacos. We have it covered!
For further Taco Night inspiration, please check out our other taco recipes.
How to make it
- For best results, add 4tsp salt to the chicken the day before you plan to cook this and keep in the fridge. This will make it extra juicy.
- Pre-heat the oven to 200°C and place a large frying pan over a high heat.
- Drizzle the chicken & spring onions with olive oil and sprinkle with salt & pepper.
- When the pan is hot, add the chicken and sear to give them some good colour on the bottom before flipping and doing the reverse side. This should take about 3 or 4 minutes per side. Don’t worry too much if they get a little blackened in places, but don’t overdo it.
- If the pan is oven-proof, place it in the oven with the chicken. If not, transfer to an oven-proof dish. Add half the spring onions, stir and place in the oven.
- Cook for a further 20 minutes. Remove from oven and leave to rest for another 5 minutes. Reduce oven heat to 180°C.
- Roughly chop the chicken & onions (discard bones if necessary) and add the remaining raw spring onions and coriander leaves and mix up with all the juices. Taste & adjust seasoning.
- Fill the Gran Luchito Hard Shell Tacos with Gran Luchito Refried Beans (spread this over the base of the shell) the chicken mix and sprinkle with grated mozzarella or your favourite cheese.
- Place on the baking sheet and bake for 5/10 minutes until the cheese has melted.
- Remove from oven and serve with fresh lime and Gran Luchito Jalapeño & Pineapple.