Uses Chipotle Mayo
Crispy Fish Tacos
These crispy fish tacos are a great recipe to try while the sun is shining. The awesome flavour of our authentic Lightly Salted Tortilla Chips works unbelievably well in these crispy fish tacos. The crushed tortilla chips are used to breadcrumb deliciously fresh cod and accompanied with a Chipotle Paste crème fraîche, and a simple summery slaw.
Serve these crispy fish tacos as an authentic Mexican starter before dishing up some slow cooked barbacoa beef.
How to make it
- Crush one bag of the Tortilla chips and place in a freezer bag. Slice the fish into thin strips before dusting lightly with plain flour.
- Dip each piece in the beaten egg before coating with the crushed chips by dropping in the bag and shaking until fully coated. Repeat this step if you don’t get a full covering.
- When all the fish is coated heat the oil until it reaches 180C then fry the fish pieces in small batches for 3 minutes until crisp and golden. Drain on kitchen paper.
- Mix the Gran Luchito Chipotle Paste with the crème fraîche. Add more if you want more heat.
- To serve, spoon a little chilli crème fraîche onto each whole tortilla. Then top each with a piece of the crispy fish followed by a little of the shredded cabbage.
- Squeeze over a little lime juice, roughly chopped coriander and a sprinkling of salt before eating.