Soften some finely sliced red onion in a little oil
Add a little sugar, dried oregano and salt & pepper
Add pulled pork and chopped coriander
Top a tortilla with mozzarella
Add the pulled pork mixture
Top with another tortilla
How to make it
- Pre-heat the oven to 180C.
- Gently heat a frying pan and add the olive oil. Thinly slice the red onion and add to the pan. Cook for about 5 mins then add the muscavado sugar, dried oregano, sweetcorn kernals and season with salt & pepper.
- Cook for another 10 minutes until the onions have begun to caramelise then add the pulled pork for another 5 mins to heat through.
- Remove from heat and stir through a handful of roughly chopped coriander.
- Meanwhile, take the tortillas and sprinkle over the grated cheese, holding a little back (on to the bottoms).
- Top with the pulled pork mixture and a little more cheese. Add a second tortilla on top and carefully slide into the oven on a baking tray.
- Keep your eye on them so as not to burn.
- Meanwhile, make a quick guacamole by removing the flesh from the avocado and roughly mashing with the juice of half a lime, a small handful of roughly chopped coriander, salt & pepper.
- Once the cheese is nicely melted and you’re happy with how the quesadillas are looking, remove from the oven. How you bring it all together is completely up to you, but we like to take the tops off, add some guac and replace before cutting up and scoffing.
Tried this recipe? Got suggestions? Let us know...