Mexican Scrambled Eggs
Theres something very enticing about eggs for breakfast. It’s a great way to kick start your day and keep hunger at bay. How ever these Mexican scrambled eggs are not just an amazing way to wake up, whether a quick lunchtime bite or even a midnight snack, this recipe comes with happiness guaranteed!
The key to this dish is getting the eggs perfectly scrambled and adding the chorizo, spring onions and deliciously spicy Gran Luchito Smoked Chilli Ketchup.
Let Gran Luchito show you how!
Another fantastic brekkie dish which is well worth a try is the Gran Luchito Breakfast Burrito.
Gently cook roughly chopped chorizo and spring onion in a frying panSlowly scramble eggs in a saucepan with plenty of butterAdd the chorizo and spring onion to the scrambled eggs along with the dill and stir.
Mexican Scrambled Eggs Recipe
- 3 oz Chorizo
- 4 Scallions
- 4 Free-range eggs
- 2 oz Butter
- Handful of dill (or use other fresh herbs such as parsley)
- Slices of bread
- 2tbsp Gran Luchito Smoked Chilli Ketchup
- Get a skillet on a medium heat and crumble the chorizo into it. It will release enough oil of its own.
- Once cooked through and beginning to get crispy, add the roughly chopped scallions. Cook for about 3-4 mins then turn off the heat.
- In a non-stick saucepan over a low heat, add the butter. Once melted, add the beaten eggs. Using a spatula, stir the eggs fairly regularly. Be careful not to over-cook them (remember they'll continue to cook after you turn the heat off, so take it to just under cooked). Season.
- Once you're happy with the eggs, add the chorizo/scallions and the chopped herbs. Stir well.
- Toast your bread and assemble. Add dollops of Gran Luchito Smoked Chilli Ketchup and serve.
Serve on toast with a dollop Gran Luchito Smoked Chilli Ketchup
Have you tried these Mexican Scrambled Eggs? If so please let us know how you got on.