I first came across the idea of breakfast burrito whilst working as a chef in New York city.
I must admit that at first I was pretty sceptical but the flavour combinations work really well and it defiantly locks hunger away till lunchtime!
For this recipe we use lots of chorizo and for a mellow smoky kick some of our Smoked Chilli Ketchup!
Best served with a strong black coffee and orange juice. Enjoy!
Breakfast Burrito Recipe
- 2 Flour tortillas
- Olive oil for frying
- 2-3 Scallions
- 3½oz Chorizo
- 4 Eggs
- 3½oz Butter
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 tbsp Gran Luchito Smoked Chilli Ketchup
- 1 Ripe avocado
- Handful ripe cherry tomatoes
- Small handful of cilantro (finely chopped)
- Salt & pepper
- Gently heat a frying pan with a little olive oil, add some sliced scallions and finely chopped chorizo (casing removed).
- Scramble the eggs with the butter. Season once cooked.
- Make a quick guacamole by mashing up a ripe avocado with some finely chopped tomato, .
- Warm the tortillas in the oven until nicely pliable.
- Assemble with a dollop of Gran Luchito Smoked Chilli Ketchup on each tortilla (spread out). Add the other ingredients, wrap it up and serve.
Fry The ChorizoAdd Onions
Make The Guacamole
The Gran Luchito Breakfast Burrito