Quesadillas are such an easy and quick way to prepare a quick meal either for yourself or for your family. You can use any kind of filling desired or just cheese, and always fold them into Soft Taco Wraps.
I think that’s what makes quesadillas special is that they make everyone happy regardless of your diet preferences. Even for vegans, there are now good vegan cheeses available that can be used to make them, so make sure to try them!
These black bean and corn vegetarian quesadillas are so delicious and not spicy at all. You can choose to add the Fire Roasted Serranos before making this vegetarian quesadilla recipe, or leave them out if you are planning on giving them to little ones. Either way, we know you’ll love them!
How to make it
- Heat up the olive oil in a frying pan and add the onion, stir and cook gently. Add the yellow pepper, corn kernels, oregano, pinch of salt and freshly ground black pepper, stir and let it cook for a minute or two.
- Add the Cantina Beans and a bit of vegetable stock into the pan. Simmer on a low heat for 6-7 minutes and stir from time to time. Remove from the heat and add the freshly chopped coriander on top, then set aside.
- Get your Soft Taco Wraps and add a good spoonful of the bean and corn filling. Add grated cheese and fold in half, then repeat the same with the rest of the tortillas and cheese.
- Place your quesadillas into a non-stick pan until the cheese is lovely and gooey and the surface of the tortilla is golden brown on both sides.
- Serve your quesadillas warm, with Fire Roasted Serranos on the side. Enjoy!
What To Serve With Quesadillas
If you are wondering what to serve with this vegetarian quesadilla recipe, why not go for some:
More About Quesadillas
Our How To Make Quesadillas blog will help you to master everything you need to know about making homemade Quesadillas. And our Quesadilla Recipes is our collection of tried and tested Quesadilla recipes with more flavours, protein and veggie options.
Similar Recipes You Might Like to Try
What do you put in a veggie quesadilla?
Fill your quesadilla with black beans, chopped onions, peppers, chillies, tomatoes, corn, coriander and cheese. You can add canned, frozen, fresh or leftover veggies, which have been sauteed or not!
How many calories in a vegetable quesadilla?
It depends what exactly is in them, and how much cheese etc. They are usually between 230-300 calories for each quesadilla.
What beans can I substitute for black beans?
What cheese can you put in a vegetarian quesadilla
Mexican cheese of course! Oaxaca and Chihuahua cheese are ideal because they melt easily and have a luxurious stretch. Manchego cheese is also a good option and may be more readily available. If you can't find any of these near you, we recommend using mozzarella, cheddar or Monterey Jack.