Uses Chipotle Paste
There’s nothing more satisfying than putting all of those leftovers from the Christmas feast together into one tasty meal. Somehow they manage to taste even better the day after! Just imagine adding all of those tempting bits into a turkey Burrito, accompanied by our Refried Beans, Chipotle Mayo and Fire Roasted Serranos.
This genius burrito recipe works better when using leftover roast turkey, chicken or even pork. Whether you add it hot or cold we can guarantee that it will taste amazing. Feel free to add any other tasty leftovers! That’s one of the beauties of making turkey burritos; they are great vessels to bring flavoursome elements together into one delicious wrap.
In this recipe, our Burrito Wraps are warmed up over a hot pan, then topped with a spoonful of warm Refried Beans. This is then followed by a layer of a quick zingy and spicy slaw made with brussels sprouts and Chipotle Mayo, finished with slices of roasted meat and a few Serrano green chillies for extra heat.
Let us know if you try this recipe on Boxing Day and beyond! Don’t forget to tag us #granluchito
Lunch or Dinner
How to make it
- Begin by preparing your quick slaw. In a bowl add all the ingredients and season with salt and pepper. Mix everything together with a spoon and reserve.
- Place the beans on a small saucepan and heat them up.
- Slice your meat into smaller pieces and set aside.
- Warm up the Burrito Wraps over a hot pan, then place them on a chopping board and begin to add your fillings.
- First add a good layer of Refried Beans, then a generous amount of Quick Chipotle Slaw on top. Top with slices of cold or hot meat (as you prefer), fresh coriander and a touch of Fire Roasted Serranos. Wrap and enjoy!
Check out our blog on How to Make Burritos for further tips and how to wrap a burrito!