The weekend is approaching, and all we can think about it cozying up on the sofa with a blanket, putting on a great film, and having a big plate of something delicious right next to us!
This delicious chorizo nacho recipe with the bold and warming flavour of chorizo is perfect for those days, but also a very easy nachos recipe to prepare, not to mention incredible scrumptious! We guarantee that it will satisfy any nacho cravings that you may have.
The main ingredient being chorizo, you’ll know that it’s going to be good. But we transform it into an even tastier version by frying it with onion and garlic, and then adding our beautiful Gran Luchito Chipotle Paste. Chopped tomatoes are then added, and it’s simmered on a low heat until the tomatoes soften into the mixture. This transforms it into a delicious chipotle-chorizo like sauce.
Then all you have to do is to top it with our Gran Luchito Lightly Salted Tortilla Chips, spoonfuls of our Gran Luchito Cantina Beans, grated cheese, raw onion and the delicious chipotle-chorizo mixture. Build two layers of ingredients and bake in the oven until the cheese turns lovely and gooey.
Finally don’t forget to top your nachos with some of our Mexican Gran Luchito Sliced Green Cactus, sour cream and freshly chopped coriander for that perfect final touch.
Nutrition: Per servingkcal 170 fat 11g saturates 4g carbs 11.5g sugars 2.3g fibre 0.9g protein 7.1g salt 0.88g
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 180°C / 350°F.
- To make the chorizo topping, begin by heating up the olive oil in a frying pan on medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and fry gently. Now add the chorizo meat without the casing, and break it into the pan with a spoon. Add the , a dash of tamari, a pinch of salt and black pepper. Stir, and let it cook for another 5 to 6 minutes approx, until the chorizo gets crispy.
- Finally, add the tomatoes and ½ cup of water, let it simmer briefly on medium heat for 5 to 6 minutes. When ready, remove your chorizo topping from the heat and reserve.
- In a medium sized baking dish add half of your and spread them around. Top them with ½ of the , red onion, cheese and chorizo mixture. Add another layer of the remaining ingredients, a drizzle of olive oil on top, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Place your nachos in the oven until the cheese melts, for 10 minutes approx.
- Remove the nacho tray from the oven and garnish them with sour cream, freshly chopped coriander, and slices of Mexican Sliced Green Cactus on top. So delicious, enjoy!
Download Our Free Guide To Nachos
Your free Nachos guide will be emailed to you immediately. Serve these chorizo nachos with sides of: Subscribe now for a free copy of the Gran Luchito e-cookbook filled with delicious, authentic Mexican recipes and join our mailing list for all the latest recipes, news and blog updates.
What To Serve With Chorizo Nachos
Similar Recipes You Might Like to Try
Comments / Questions / Tips
Serve these chorizo nachos with sides of:
Subscribe now for a free copy of the Gran Luchito e-cookbook filled with delicious, authentic Mexican recipes and join our mailing list for all the latest recipes, news and blog updates.