Turkey mince, if you haven’t tried it, it is a great alternative to beef mince whether you are looking for something lower in fat with health benefits or just a change from the usual. Turkey mince has a light, mild flavour which works really well as a taco filling. Our Turkey Mince Tacos recipe is full of flavour and freshness, and we hope it will become one of your quick and easy, go-to midweek meals.
For this turkey tacos recipe, we fry the mince with our Gran Luchito Smoky Chipotle Fajita & Taco Mix, but you could also use our Gran Luchito Garlic & Guajillo Fajita & Taco Mix which has a milder flavour. After simmering the turkey mince with orange juice and tamari, the mince is finished off with a squeeze of lime and coriander for freshness. It then gets wrapped up in our Gran Luchito Soft Taco Wraps, with slices of avocado, fresh cabbage for crunch and dollops of Gran Luchito Tomatillo Salsa.
Nutrition: Per servingkcal 110 fat 4.7g saturates 1.1g carbs 7.7g sugars 2.3g fibre 1.2g protein 9.1g salt 0.42g
How to make it
- In a large pan, add a little olive oil and place on a medium / high heat.
- When hot, add the turkey mince and leave to get nicely browned. Break it up with a spatula and cook until browned all over.
- Lower the heat to low/medium and add the Smoky Chipotle Fajita & Taco Mix and the chopped spring onions, stir and let it cook for a minute or two.
- Finally add the tamari sauce and orange juice and let it simmer on medium heat for 10 more minutes approx.
- After 10 minutes, remove from heat. Squeeze half a juicy lime over, and add a big handful of roughly chopped coriander on top.
- Serve with warm Soft Taco Wraps, shredded cabbage, slices of avocado and Tomatillo Salsa.
What to serve with Turkey Mince Tacos
You cannot go wrong with classic taco side dishes:
Download Our Free Guide To Tacos
Your free Taco guide will be emailed to you immediately. Turkey is not only super lean, low in fat and high in protein but it also contains: Vitamin B3 and B6, Iron, Potassium, Phosphorus, Selenium and Zinc Turkey mince will turn from pink and transluscent to white and opaque when cooked.
Similar Recipes You Might Like to Try
What are the health benefits of turkey mince?
How can you tell when turkey is cooked?
Comments / Questions / Tips
Turkey is not only super lean, low in fat and high in protein but it also contains: Vitamin B3 and B6, Iron, Potassium, Phosphorus, Selenium and Zinc
Turkey mince will turn from pink and transluscent to white and opaque when cooked.
Subscribe now for a free copy of the Gran Luchito e-cookbook filled with delicious, authentic Mexican recipes and join our mailing list for all the latest recipes, news and blog updates.