Uses Chipotle Paste
A delicious, meat free and crispy yet oozing with cheese Mushroom Quesadilla is a very quick to make meal! Have them as a snack or a complete meal.
In this vegetarian quesadilla recipe we have sautéd onions and mushrooms in olive oil with oregano, salt & pepper. Baby spinach and our Cantina Beans have then been added, and then the mixture, along with grated cheese, piled within our Street Taco tortillas. These are then carefully fried on both sides until crispy, golden and delicious! A dollop of our Tomatillo Salsa and some coriander leaves finish it off to pure perfection.
If you love the sound of this recipe, make sure to leave your feedback in the comments section below! For further quesadilla inspiration check out our other quesadilla recipes.
These are great served on a platter for everyone to dig in and help themselves.
Snack or side
How to make it
- Thinly slice the mushrooms and onion.
- Place a frying pan over a low/medium heat. Once hot, add a little olive oil, onion, mushrooms, oregano, salt & pepper. Sauté for around 25 minutes, stirring regularly. When the water from the mushrooms has all evaporated and they begin to take on some colour, that’s when you know it’s done.
- Reduce the heat to low, open up the Gran Luchito Cantina Beans and add a few spoonfuls to the mix and stir well. Also add a handful of baby spinach leaves and continue to cook/stir until the spinach has wilted. Remove from heat.
- In a clean, non-stick frying pan, lay a Gran Luchito Street Taco wrap and top with a small handful of cheese.
- Top with a little mushroom mixture and top with another small amount of the cheese. Top this with another street taco and heat on low/medium.
- Keep an eye on the bottom tortilla and make sure it doesn’t burn. When it is brown and crispy, carefully turn using a large spatula. Cook the other side until brown. Carefully open up the quesadilla and check the cheese is all melted.
- Remove from the pan, slice in half and enjoy with a dollop of Gran Luchito Tomatillo Salsa & coriander leaves.
Have you tried these recipes?
Uses Chipotle Mayo