Uses Chipotle Honey
Mexican Scrambled Eggs
Mexican scrambled eggs are all about bringing simple, fresh, and good quality ingredients together and letting them shine. Mexican eggs are especially delicious when served with our warm Refried Beans and Soft Tacos on the side.
This is such a lovely and easy Mexican breakfast recipe for the weekend to feed your family. The key to Mexican scrambled eggs or “Huevos a la Mexicana”, is to fry onion, chilli and tomatoes and combine them until the eggs are perfectly fluffy and creamy.
How to make scrambled eggs? We’ll let you in on a few tips to make the perfect scrambled eggs:
- Add creme fraiche to your beaten eggs. Trust us on this! They will guarantee lovely and creamy scrambled eggs every time.
- Try to use butter to cook the eggs, as it not only adds flavour but also contributes to the creaminess! If you’re vegetarian you can use olive oil.
- Use a non-stick pan and a silicone spatula if you can, this will avoid your scrambled eggs from sticking to the bottom of your pan and the spatula will keep your trusty non-stick pan in good shape for the next Mexican eggs batch.
- Last but not least, always cook over a low heat and stir throughout. Remove them from the heat just before they are ready, to avoid them from overcooking.
How to make it
- Heat a frying pan over a medium heat with the olive oil, and add the spring onions and the green chilli. Stir and cook this for a few minutes. Add the tomatoes and season with a pinch of salt and freshly ground pepper, then cook briefly and set aside.
- While you’re frying your vegetables, reheat the Refried Beans in a saucepan with a little bit of water over a low heat.
- Then in a bowl add the eggs and the creme fraiche, season with a bit of salt and whisk together.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan and add the butter. Once it melts pour in the egg mixture and cook slowly over a low heat. Stir this with a silicone spatula until almost cooked but still soft and moist. Be careful not to overcook them (remember they’ll continue to cook after you turn the heat off, so take it to just undercooked). Season with salt and pepper.
- Once your eggs are ready, add in the spring onion, chilli and tomato mixture and fold it into the scrambled eggs. Finish your eggs with freshly chopped coriander on the top.
- Serve your Mexican scrambled eggs with a spoonful of warm Refried Beans and warm Soft Taco Wraps on the side ready to be enjoyed.