The weekend is approaching, and all we can think about it cozying up on the sofa with a blanket, putting on a great film, and having a big plate of something delicious right next to us!
This delicious chorizo nacho recipe with the bold and warming flavour of chorizo is perfect for those days, but also a very easy nachos recipe to prepare, not to mention incredible scrumptious! We guarantee that it will satisfy any nacho cravings that you may have.
The main ingredient being chorizo, you’ll know that it’s going to be good. But we transform it into an even tastier version by frying it with onion and garlic, and then adding our beautiful Chipotle Paste. Chopped tomatoes are then added, and it’s simmered on a low heat until the tomatoes soften into the mixture. This transforms it into a delicious chipotle-chorizo like sauce.
Then all you have to do is to top it with our Lightly Salted Tortilla Chips, spoonfuls of our Cantina Beans, grated cheese, raw onion and the delicious chipotle-chorizo mixture. Build two layers of ingredients and bake in the oven until the cheese turns lovely and gooey.
Finally don’t forget to top your nachos with some of our Mexican Sliced Green Cactus, sour cream and freshly chopped coriander for that perfect final touch.
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 180°C, 320°F. To make the chorizo topping, begin by heating up olive oil in a frying pan. Once it’s hot enough add the onion and garlic and fry slowly.
- Add the chorizo meat without the casing and break it into the pan with a wooden spoon. Add the Chipotle Paste, a dash of tamari, a pinch of salt and freshly ground black pepper. Stir and let it cook for another 5 to 6 minutes approx.
- At the end add the tomatoes and stir into the chorizo onion mixture. Add ½ cup of water and let it simmer briefly on a medium heat for 5 to 6 minutes. Remove from the heat and reserve.
- In a medium baking dish or tray add half of your Lightly Salted Tortilla Chips and spread them around. Top them with ½ of the Cantina Beans, red onion, cheese and chorizo mixture.
- Add another layer of the remaining ingredients, a drizzle of olive oil on top, a pinch of salt and freshly ground black pepper. Place your nachos in the oven until the cheese melts, for 10 minutes approx.
- Remove the nacho tray from the oven and garnish them with sour cream, freshly chopped coriander and slices of Mexican Sliced Green Cactus on top. So delicious, enjoy!