Chilli Con Carne Burger
We know very well how our Mexican Chipotle Paste can transform a chilli con carne. So we were pretty confident that a Gran Luchito Chilli Con Carne Burger would be pretty special too. We weren’t wrong!
Be sure to check out our recipe for the Gran Luchito Juicy Lucy, an inside out Cheese Burger!
Add The Chorizo and Chipotle Paste To The Beef Mince
Chilli Con Carne Burger Recipe
- For the burger:
- 14oz Beef mince
- 3tsp Gran Luchito Smoked Chilli Paste
- 3 Cream Crackers (crushed to fine crumbs)
- 1 Garlic Clove (squashed to a paste)
- 3½ oz Chorizo (removed from skin)
- 1tsp Cumin powder
- 1tsp Coriander powder
- 1tsp Cinnamon powder
- 7 oz Kidney beans (chopped quite small)
- 1 Egg
- Handful cilantro (finely chopped)
- Salt & pepper
- 4 Nice bread rolls (your choice)
- Pack of burger cheese (or any other cheese)
- For the guacamole:
- 2 Avocados
- Handful of cilantro (chopped)
- 1 Ripe tomato (roughly diced)
- Glug on olive oil
- Juice of 1 lime
- Salt & pepper
- To make the burgers, combine the beef mince, chorizo, Gran Luchito Chilli Paste, crushed crackers, garlic paste, cumin, coriander, cinnamon, chopped kidney beans, egg, fresh cilantro, salt & pepper. Best to mix by hand.
- If you're keen to get your flavours bang on, heat a little oil in a frying pan and cook a tiny patty. Taste, adjust seasoning and re-do until happy.
- Form the mixture into patties (as big as you like). Put them on a plate, cover with clingfilm and leave in the fridge.
- Meanwhile, make your guacamole. Remove the flesh from the ripe avocados. Squash with the back on a fork and add lime juice, chopped coriander, tomato, a little olive oil, salt & pepper.
- After 15-20 mins in the fridge, remove the burgers. Heat a griddle pan/frying pan/bbq and add a little olive oil. Once smoking, add the burgers and don't turn until nicely browned. Unless you've ground the beef yourself, you should cook the meat through fully. Place in a hot oven for 10mins to do this.
- Build your burger and serve with your choice of salads/tortilla chips/fries.
In the UNITED STATES Gran Luchito Smoked Chilli Paste Is Available online with Amazon
Have you tried this chilli con carne burger recipe? If so please let us know how you got on.