Uses Chipotle Honey
For all you vegetarians out there, here’s an amazing Nacho recipe for you! It combines corn, radishes, avocados, black beans and our Jalapeño & Pineapple!
Nachos are one of our favourite Tex-Mex recipes, and the perfect dish to prepare for when you have loved ones round. Great for sharing, great for snacking, great as a starter, or for eating in front of that big game or film night!
For this vegetarian nacho recipe we have topped the veggie ingredients with cheese and our Cantina Beans, but you could also add some homemade guacamole and dollops of our red pepper salsa. If you want to add some heat you could try using our Mango and Habanero Salsa or Serrano Green Chillies.
For further recipe inspiration check out our Guide to Vegetarian and Vegan Mexican Food.
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 250°C.
- Heat a large pan of water until boiling. Once bubbling, add salt and the peeled corn on the cob and leave for 3 minutes. Remove and leave to dry.
- Add the corn to a frying pan over a medium/high heat. Gradually turn them as they begin to catch and char in places. After 10 minutes, remove from heat and cut the kernels off.
- In a bowl, mix the corn with chopped coriander, Gran Luchito Cantina Beans, chopped Gran Luchito Jalapeño & Pineapple, 1tbsp fresh lime juice, salt & pepper.
- In an ovenproof dish (and the dish you want to present the meal in), add a layer of Gran Luchito Lightly Salted Tortilla Chips, followed by a layer of corn/beans followed by a sprinkling of mozzarella cheese
- Repeat 2 or 3 times depending on how deep the dish is, making sure the last layer is cheese.
- Place in the oven for 15 minutes, or until all the cheese has melted. You can also finish under the grill to make the cheese on top crispy.
- Top with dollops of sour cream, thinly sliced radish, fresh coriander and wedges of lime.