The unmistakable bold, bright, and spicy flavour of chorizo really shines in our Chorizo Salad recipe! Layered with roasted potatoes, rocket and sweet corn, this is a salad that can stand on its own as a main or as a hearty starter. We finish it off with our Gran Luchito Tomatillo Salsa and Gran Luchito Jalapeño & Pineapple for a burst of fresh flavour and balance.
We recommend serving our Chorizo Salad with some Sticky Chicken Skewers.
We would love to hear what you think of this recipe, be sure to leave a review after you’ve tried it! Scroll to the bottom of the recipe and you can leave your comment.
1 hr, 5 mins
Nutrition: Per servingkcal 118 fat 6.2g saturates 1.7g carbs 11.1g sugars 2.1g fibre 2.1g protein 4.7g salt 0.61g
How to make it
- Half fill a large sauce pan with water. Place over a high heat and bring to the boil.
- Cut the potatoes into bitesized chunks.
- When the water is boiling, add 3 teaspoons salt and carefully add the potatoes. Cook until tender (about 10 minutes).
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 240°C / 475°F / Gas 9. Prepare a large baking tray by adding a good couple of lugs of vegetable oil and place in the oven to preheat.
- When the potatoes are tender, drain them, return them to the pan and leave until they stop steaming (this is key as it means they are completely dry and will crisp up much better). You can sprinkle them with black pepper and dry herbs here too to add a little flavour.
- When dry, scatter the potatoes on to the hot tray and carefully use a spatula to turn in the oil. Also add the corn on the cobs. Return the tray to the oven and put on a timer for 15 minutes.
- Check the potatoes. Use a spatula to turn them, making sure they aren’t burning. You can reduce the heat a little if they are. Add the chorizo chunks and return tray to the oven and give them another 15 / 20 minutes, checking & turning regularly.
- Toss the rocket in equal parts olive oil and lemon juice / vinegar.
- When ready to eat, take a large serving platter and smear the whole bottom with half the sour cream. Then build up layers of the different ingredients (rocket, roast potatoes, chorizo, corn, coriander, Gran Luchito Jalapeño & Pineapple, Gran Luchito Tomatillo Salsa and the remaining sour cream).
Similar Recipes You Might Like to Try
Comments / Questions / Tips
Subscribe now for a free copy of the Gran Luchito e-cookbook filled with delicious, authentic Mexican recipes and join our mailing list for all the latest recipes, news and blog updates.