This raw courgette salad is great summer food. It combines the beautiful fresh flavours of fragrant basil, creamy ricotta, Gran Luchito Chipotle Paste and crunchy toasted pine nuts. The courgette is peeled off in thin ribbons and left raw so it retains a lovely bite. It is best served slightly warm.
Nutrition: Per servingkcal 72 fat 5.7g saturates 1.4g carbs 2g sugars 1.6g fibre 0.7g protein 3g salt 0.31g
How to make it
- Cut off and discard the ends of the courgettes. Slice each one into wafer thin ribbons (see Chef’s tip).
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the olive oil, white wine vinegar, Gran Luchito Chipotle Paste, lime zest, lime juice and a good pinch of salt and pepper.
- Add the courgette ribbons and the basil leaves to the mix, combine well and leave aside to soak up the dressing.
- Meanwhile, warm a frying pan and gently toast the pine nuts until nicely browned all over, taking care not to burn them.
- Leave half of the nuts whole and stir these through the courgettes. Roughly chop the remaining nuts for later.
- Place the ricotta into a bowl and mix with a little olive oil, salt and pepper.
- When ready to serve, place the courgette mix into your serving bowl and top with little spoonfuls of the ricotta. Sprinkle over the remaining pine nuts along with a little more pepper.
Similar Recipes You Might Like to Try
Comments / Questions / Tips
Subscribe now for a free copy of the Gran Luchito e-cookbook filled with delicious, authentic Mexican recipes and join our mailing list for all the latest recipes, news and blog updates.