This great vegan tacos recipe is inspired by Deliciously Ella. A couple of years ago, Marks and Spencer challenged Ella to come up with a healthy wheat free recipe using Gran Luchito. She came up with Vegan tacos, and this is our take on them.
There’s no wheat used as the recipe subs in lettuce leaves for tortillas as the taco base. These are then topped with butternut squash & sweet potato with charred corn, guacamole and a cashew nut cream made spicy with our Chipotle Paste
Simply delicious and well worth a go, especially if you’ve got a dinner party or BBQ coming up with lots of hungry vegetarians to feed.
How to make it
- Soak the cashews in cold water for a few hours.
- Blitz in a food processor with lime juice, a splash of water and the Gran Luchito Chipotle Paste until smooth and creamy (add more water if necessary).
- Heat a griddle pan until it’s very hot. Smother the peeled sweetcorn ears with a little olive oil.
- Add corn to pan and turn every now and again, developing a nice char on the outside.
- Once cooled, remove kernels with a sharp knife.
- In a pan over a medium heat, add a little olive oil. Add the spices and heat for a few minutes before adding the chopped squash and sweet potato.
- Cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the chopped tomato and soy sauce, stir and cook until the squash and sweet potato are cooked through (about 20mins). If it gets too dry, add a little splash of water every now and again.
- Once cooked, add the sweetcorn to the mix and leave aside.
- Make the guacamole by roughly mashing the avocado with a fork.
- Fold in some chopped coriander leaves, lime juice, red onion, salt and pepper.
- Peel the very outside leaves of the lettuces (save these for a salad some other time).
- Use the firmer inner leaves as vessels to carry the potato/squash mixture.
- Top each with a dollop of guacamole and a spoonful of the cashew cream.