Queso Fundido With Chorizo
This Queso Fundido with chorizo recipe is pretty sinful eating, but every now and again you’ve got to live a little. The recipe works really well either as a starter or a side dish with your main meal. In Mexico, they would normally dip tortillas into the queso fundido but we reckon that tortilla chips might be a better bet.
For this recipe, we used grated cheddar but if you’re a big fan of cheese you can try using different hard cheeses in the mix.
How to make it
- Heat a little olive oil in a frying pan over a medium heat, add the spring onions and cook for 5 minutes, taking care not to burn them.
- Reserve a little of the chorizo, then add the rest to the pan and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Add the Gran Luchito Chipotle Chilli Paste and stir well.
- Transfer the mixture to a bowl. Return the pan to the heat, add the alcohol and bring to the boil, stirring for a minute or so to deglaze the pan by mixing in any bits of chorizo and onion that have stuck to the pan.
- Gradually add the cheeses a small handful at a time, stirring until one handful has melted before adding the next. Leave over a low heat.
- Fry the reserved chorizo for a few minutes until crisp.
- Pour the salsa over the cheese mixture and sprinkle with the fried chorizo and coriander. Serve with Gran Luchito Lightly Salted Tortilla Chips, whole tortillas, raw vegetables or all of the above.