Smoky Chilli Dogs
Chilli dogs are a classic American dish that we knew would work really well given the Gran Luchito treatment. We used our Chipotle Paste to make an easy chilli con carne and spooned the chilli beef onto meaty toulouse sausages in a bun topped with grated mature cheddar.
One for the meat-lovers for sure!
2 hrs 15 mins
How to make it
- First, get your chilli con carne cooking. Finely chop all the fresh veg (onion, garlic, celery, carrot, peppers) and gently fry in olive oil for 8-10 mins or until nice and soft in a large pan (preferably with a lid).
- Throw in the Gran Luchito Chipotle Paste, cumin, coriander powder and cinnamon.
- Add the tinned tomatoes and kidney beans.
- Fry the minced beef in another frying pan to brown in a little oil (this will add flavour to the meat). Drain off any water. Then add to the other ingredients and stir.
- Add salt & pepper.
- Put a lid on it, leaving a small gap and cook on a low heat for about an hour (longer if you have time).
- Taste and add more seasoning if necessary. Sprinkle with fresh coriander once ready.
- Meanwhile, griddle/BBQ your sausages until nicely coloured on the outside. Finish them in a pre-heated oven if necessary.
- Cut the buns down the centre and place a sausage in each. Top with a generous spoon of the chilli con carne and top with grated cheese.
Have you tried these recipes?
Uses Chipotle Honey